Sunday, May 19, 2019
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Welcome Dinner at the Tech Museum of Innovation
Monday, May 20, 2019
7:00 a.m. – 7:45 a.m.
Registration and Networking
7:45 a.m. – 7:50 a.m.
Opening of the Private and Family Company Governance Institute
- Maria Eugenia Giron (Spain), Board member, Corporacion Financiera Alba and Oceana; Chairman of Fundación Diversidad and Go Beyond Investments; WCD Chapter Chair.
7:50 a.m. – 8:35 a.m.
A Conversation With:
- Ashley Joyce (United States), President, The Duchossois Family Foundation
- Interviewed by: Joan Steel (United States), Founder and Managing Principal, Alpha Wealth Advisors, LLC; Director, Rush University Medical Center and Loyola University Chicago; WCD Member
8:35 a.m. – 9:20 a.m.
Panel 1: Venture Capital: Breaking the Barriers
- Shivani Sopory (Moderator) (United States), Partner, Audit, KPMG
- Kathryn Coffey (United States), President and Chief Operating Officer, ARB; Director, 3Degrees Group, Inc., American Refining Group, Natural Systems Utilities, LLL, Beneficial Returns; WCD Member
- Jessie Jia Guo (United States), Principal, Legacy Ventures
9:20 a.m. – 9:35 a.m.
9:35 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.
A Conversation With: From Mission Impossible to Mission Alignment
- Melanie Schnoll Begun (United States), Managing Director and Head of Philanthropy Management, Morgan Stanley
- Interviewed by: Caroline Gundeck (United States), Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
10:05 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
Panel 2: Navigating Complex IT Environments to Achieve Corporate Success
- Christie Hefner (Moderator) (United States), Chairman of Hatch Beauty; Advisory Board Member, RDO Companies, and Springboard; Former Chairman and CEO, Playboy Enterprises and Executive Chairman of Canyon Ranch Enterprises; WCD Member and Visionary Awards Committee
- Olga Botero (Invited) (Colombia), Founder and Managing Director, C&S Customers and Strategy; Senior Advisor, BCG the Boston Consulting Group; Independent Director, Evertec, Inc.; Advisory Board, Interbank; WCD Chapter Chair
- Shamla Naidoo (United States), Global Chief Information Security Officer of IBM; former Vice President of Information Risk and Security at Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Christa Steele (United States), Director, FIG Partners, Oriental Financial Group, Recology, and Sasser Family Holdings, Inc.
10:55 a.m. – 11:05 a.m.
11:05 a.m. – 11:55 p.m.
Panel 3: Insider Threats and Betrayal: How to Survive and Thrive
- Susan C. Keating (Moderator) (United States), CEO, WCD Foundation
- Claudia F. Munce (United States), Director, Best Buy Corporation, Bank of the West/BNP Paribas, and CoreLogic Inc.
- Susan Remmer Ryzewic (United States), President, CEO, and Director, EHR Investments, Inc.; Director, The Remmer Family Foundation Inc., Cabot Wellington, LLC, and University of North Florida Foundation; WCD Chapter Chair, WCD Family Business Council Co–chair, and WCD Advisory Board Member
- Susan Stautberg (United States), Chair Emeritus and Co-founder,
WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) Foundation; Co-author, Women
- Davia Temin (United States), President and CEO, Temin and Company; Board Member of Swarthmore College and Advisor to other university boards; WCD Member
11:55 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Closing of the Private and Family Company Governance Institute
- Susan Remmer Ryzewic (United States), President, CEO, and Director, EHR Investments, Inc.; Director, The Remmer Family Foundation Inc., Cabot Wellington, LLC, and University of North Florida Foundation; WCD Chapter Chair, WCD Family Business Council Co–chair, and Member of WCD Advisory Board